Avid Pro Tools 11 Upgrade from Pro Tools M-Powered (Academic - Student)
Activation card or Digital Download (choose from Pull down menu)
You must be an owner of Pro Tools M-Powered to use this upgrade
Avid has announced Avid Pro Tools 11, a major upgrade of the popular digital audio workstation.
Pro Tools 11 features new, high-powered audio and video engines, 64-bit architecture, expanded metering, and direct HD video workflows.
“Pro Tools 11 represents a quantum leap in creative power,” according to Avid’s Chris Gahagan. “The newly designed architecture turbo-charges production with more plug-in processing, the ability to run more virtual instruments?and a host of new features – letting users create ambitiously, without holding anything back.”
The most powerful digital audio workstation just got more powerful. With an all-new, ultra-efficient audio engine, 64-bit performance, and groundbreaking capabilities, Pro Tools 11 enables you to take on the most complex and demanding music and audio post productions with ease, so you can focus on sounding your best.
•Get exponentially more processing power than Pro Tools 10 using the same hardware
•Create bigger, more complex sessions, without holding anything back
•Experience ultra-low latency record monitoring without sacrificing plug-in performance
•Play and edit a wide range of HD video formats right in the Pro Tools timeline
■Fully redesigned audio engine and 64-bit architecture
■New Avid Audio Engine – Delivers multiple times the processing power of Pro Tools 10 on the same hardware configurations.
■64-bit architecture – Exponentially increases the number of simultaneous virtual instruments and the performance to handle the most sophisticated sessions.
■Offline bounce – Delivers mixes up to 150 times faster than real time.
■Low-latency input buffer – Ensures ultra-low latency record monitoring without sacrificing plug-in performance.
■Dynamic host processing – Maximizes plug-in count by reallocating processing resources as needed.
■Extended standards support – Features a broad range of built-in metering standards, from peak and average to VU and PPM, to maintain adherence to regional broadcast requirements.
■Gain reduction – Shows gain reduction for all dynamics plug-ins on each channel.
■Direct HD video workflows
■Built-in Avid Video Engine – Enables audio post professionals to play and edit a wide range of HD video formats includingAvid DNxHD, directly in the Pro Tools timeline without transcoding, using the same core engine as in Media Composer.
■Video interface support – Enables monitoring of DNxHD and QuickTime media through Avid Nitris DX, Avid Mojo DX, and other video interfaces.
What's new in Pro Tools 11
- Turbocharge sessions with the all-new Avid Audio Engine
- Get multiple times the processing power of Pro Tools 10 to work with way more virtual instruments and effects plug-ins than ever before. And with the new 64-bit architecture, you gain the performance you need to handle the most sophisticated sessions—with more memory headroom to go even bigger.
- Deliver mixes with lightning-fast offline bounce
- Forget the wait—speed up your final mix delivery with new faster-than-real-time bounce capabilities.
- Have confidence in your mix with new metering options (Pro Tools HD 11 only)
- New built-in metering standards provide a variety of scale and ballistics options, so you can be assured that you’re creating the best mix possible.
- Work directly with HD video
- Play MXF HD, Avid DNxHD, and other HD video formats directly in the Pro Tools timeline, without transcoding, using the built-in Avid Video Engine—the same as in Media Composer.
• Avid-qualified Mac or PC (click here for details)
• Mac OS X 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard), Mac OS X Lion, or Windows 7 Home Premium, Professional, or Ultimate (32- or 64-bit)
• 2 GB of RAM
• Minimum 15 GB free hard disk space for full installation
• USB port for iLok (plus, Internet connection for software download)
• Lok USB Smart Key (for software authorization)