RME HDSP 9652
A 52 channel 24 Bit/96 kHz I/O card with 3 x ADAT optical, ADAT Sync, SPDIF, MIDI x 2, and Word Clock input/output options.
RME HDSP 9652 is the successor of the well-known PCI card Project Hammerfall (DIGI9652). Like the original Hammerfall, RME HDSP 9652 offers 3 x ADAT optical I/O, ADAT-Sync In, SPDIF I/O and word clock I/O. On top, there are 2 MIDI I/Os and TotalMix, a DSP-based real-time mixer/router.
The RME HDSP 9652's Secure BIOS Technology allows to perform hardware updates via software/driver without any risk. And thanks to its unique 'Zero CPU Load' technology Hammerfall DSP guarantees highest performance and lowest latency on both notebooks and desktops!
Hammerfall also allows to connect Analog Expansion Boards (AEB). Two internal ADAT inputs and two internal ADAT outputs allow you to realize up to 16 analog inputs and 16 analog outputs directly inside the computer.
RME HDSP 9652 Features
- 3 x ADAT digital I/O, based on RME's reliable Bitclock PLL
- 1 x SPDIF digital I/O, based on RME's reliable DIGI96 technology
- 1 x Breakout cable for coaxial SPDIF operation
- 1 x Word clock I/O (BNC) on included expansion board
- 1 x ADAT Sync In (9-pin D-type) for sample accurate transfers
- 2 x MIDI I/O, 32 channels high-speed MIDI via breakout cable
- HDSP Meter Bridge: freely scalable level meters, peak- and RMS calculation directly in hardware
- TotalMix: 1456 channel mixer with 40 bit internal resolution
- S/MUX poured in hardware: 12 channels 96 kHz/24 bit for record and playback on ADAT optical
- ...and numerous other features found already in the Hammerfall series.
RME HDSP 9652 Settings Dialog
Just click on the hammer symbol in the systray of the taskbar and the settings dialog of the HDSP 9652 comes up. The clear structured, easy to understand window plus the unique informative status windows for input signal, clock mode, sample rate and time code make your work with Hammerfall DSP to a real pleasure. With a simple mouse click you gain access to the full power of your card.
When working with several digital sources it is not only necessary to know if these are properly locked, but also if they are totally synchronized. RME's exclusive SyncCheck checks all input signals and displays their actual state, and thanks to our new Intelligent Clock Control concept you have all clocks and states under control - with ease.
A display of the time code at the ADAT Sync-In port offers a quick check of the communication between external device and Hammerfall.
RME HDSP 9652 Specifications
- Supported sample rates: 32 kHz, 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 96 kHz, variable
- 8 buffer sizes/latencies available: 1.5 ms, 3 ms, 6 ms, 12 ms, 23 ms, 46 ms, 93 ms, 186 ms
- ASIO zero CPU load technology: 0 (zero!)% CPU load when using ALL 52 channels!
- All settings changeable in realtime
- Clock modes slave and master
- Automatic and intelligent master/slave clock control
- Enhanced Mixed mode: All inputs and outputs simultaneously operational
- Unsurpassed Bitclock PLL (audio synchronization) in ADAT® mode
- Enhanced Zero Latency Monitoring for latency-free submixes and perfect ASIO Direct Monitoring
- Comes with DIGICheck: the ultimate measurement, analysis and test tool
- Input 3 x optical (TOSLINK), 1 x coaxial (Cinch), 2 x MIDI, word clock (BNC)
- Input format SPDIF, AES/EBU (Consumer, Professional), ADAT® optical
- Output 3 x optical (TOSLINK), coaxial (Cinch), 2 x MIDI, word clock (BNC)
- Format output SPDIF, AES/EBU (Consumer/Professional), ADAT® optical
Unique Technologies to the RME HDSP 9652
- AutoSync: Intelligent clock control according to operational mode and present/desired sample rate. Intelligent clock control according to operational mode and present/desired sample rate.
- Bitclock PLL: The most reliable receiver circuit for ADAT optical signal.
- Dynamic Bus Utilization: Scalable computer load according to the current usage.
- Enhanced ZLM®: Monitoring of the input signal, independent from clock mode and sample rate.
- DIGICheck DSP: Professional status and level display at lowest CPU load.
- Intelligent Clock Control: Measurement and display of all incoming and used clocks.
- Latency Fast Change: Change latency on-the-fly under ASIO, without manual reset or re-boot.
- Secure BIOS Technology: Automatic BIOS replacement when flash process fails.
- SyncAlign®: Surveillance and sample accurate synchronization of all channels.
- SyncCheck®: Comparison and display of all input clock status.
- TotalMix: Mixes all inputs and all outputs on all outputs. Several independent submixes possible.
- Zero Latency Monitoring (ZLM®): Automatic monitoring of the input signal with zero latency.
RME HDSP 9652 System Requirements
- Processor: Power Mac based 604e Processor
- Processor speed: 180 MHz
- RAM (Cache): 48 MB RAM
- Hard disc: fast E-IDE
- Operating system: Mac OS 8.6. or higher, OS X 10.2 or higher.
- Drives: CD-ROM drive
- Processor: Pentium II
- Processor speed: 300 MHz
- 128 MB RAM
- Hard disc: Fast SCSI
- Windows 98/Me, 2000, NT, XP
- Sound card: approved MME or ASIO compliant Sound Card
- CD-ROM drive