Roland Quad-Capture UA55 USB 2.0 Audio Interface
Exceptional Sound from a Portable Interface!
The Quad-Capture by Roland sets a new standard for interfaces in its class, giving you incredible 24-bit/192kHz audio quality in a USB 2.0 audio interface! If you demand superb audio quality from a portable interface built with on-the-go convenience in mind, then the Quad-Capture is the ideal companion to your laptop Mac or PC. Two vibrant VS Preamps let you capture pro-studio-quality sound right from the source, while the Auto-Sens function (activated right from the front panel) sets your gain levels automatically for optimum sound without the risk of clipping. And because it comes bundled with Cakewalk Sonar X1 LE you'll be producing tracks in no time!
Roland Quad-Capture USB Interface Features at a Glance:
Two combo XLR/TRS inputs with premium mic preamps (VS Preamps), two TRS outputs, coaxial I/O, headphone out, and MIDI I/O
Auto-Sens function intelligently sets optimal input levels for both preamps
Extremely stable low-latency VS Streaming driver
Supports most major DAW platforms on Mac or PC, including OSX 10.6 and Windows 7, through ASIO 2.0/WDM (Windows) and Core Audio (Mac) drivers
Includes Cakewalk Sonar X1 LE for a complete music production toolkit
QUAD-CAPTURE: USB 2.0 Audio Interface
Pro Performance for Portable ProductionFeaturesWith a pair of premium VS Preamps onboard, plus superb 24-bit/192 kHz audio quality, ultra-low latency performance, and convenient USB bus power, QUAD-CAPTURE sets a new standard for portable USB 2.0 audio interfaces. Its compact, durable design and pristine sound makes it the perfect foundation for portable, multichannel computer-based productions on the go. With quality and performance that far exceeds its size and price, QUAD-CAPTURE stands at the head of its class.
•Two combo XLR/TRS inputs with premium mic preamps (VS Preamps), two TRS outputs, coaxial I/O, headphone out, and MIDI I/O•Graphical Control Panel software provides fast, intuitive control of the VS Preamps•Phantom power, ground lift, and Hi-Z switches•One-click AUTO-SENS function intelligently sets optimal input levels for the preamps•Extreme low-latency VS Streaming driver•Low-noise, wide-range power supply•Compact with durable aluminum body and Direct Box functionality•Bundled with Cakewalk SONAR X1 LEASIO and VST are trademark of Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH.
Pro Performance for Portable Production
QUAD-CAPTURE boasts two premium-grade, digitally controlled mic preamps (VS Preamps) made from the same high-grade components as the preamps found in Roland’s V-Studio 700 and M-400 digital mixer. Two XLR/TRS combo inputs are provided for the preamps, plus independent phantom power, low-cut filter, phase invert, and digital compression for each channel. The VS preamps can be controlled easily and intuitively with the included graphical Control Panel software (Mac/PC).
Never before has it been faster or easier to set perfect input levels—simply activate the AUTO-SENS feature with the push of a button, play your connected instruments, and QUAD-CAPTURE automatically sets the ideal recording level for each input. Whether you’re a beginner or a professional, AUTO-SENS is great for quick, fail-safe recordings, saving you setup time and letting you focus on where it starts... the performance.
QUAD-CAPTURE offers incredible stability and industry-leading low-latency USB performance via Roland’s proprietary VS Streaming technology. All current Mac and PC DAW platforms are supported through ASIO 2.0/WDM (Windows) and Core Audio (Mac).
Low-Noise Power Supply
One of QUAD-CAPTURE’s key “behind-the-scenes” features is its low-noise, wide-ranging power supply. Designed to deliver a clean, balanced input and output, it provides a reliable foundation for any professional audio application or environment. When driven by the USB bus power supply, QUAD-CAPTURE’s power is regenerated, providing the analog circuitry ideal voltage for the very best sound quality and efficiency in mobile environments.
Aluminum Build, DI Functionality
QUAD-CAPTURE is small, strong, and housed in a road-tough aluminum body, so you can transport it anywhere with the confidence that its premium internal components are securely protected. For live-concert environments, QUAD-CAPTURE also provides Direct-Box (DI) functionality, essential for noise-free live stage use.
SONAR X1 LE Bundle
Every QUAD-CAPTURE package includes a complimentary copy of SONAR X1 LE software for PC that’s designed to work fluidly and seamlessly with the interface. Derived from Cakewalk’s award-winning SONAR X1 DAW software, the LE version give you a powerful set of software tools for writing, recording, editing, and mixing your music.
Roland Quad Capture Specifications:
- Number of Audio Record/Playback Channels: < Sampling Frequency = 96 kHz, 48 kHz, 44.1 kHz > Recording: 4 channels, Playback: 4 channels < Sampling Frequency = 192 kHz > Recording: 2 channels, Playback: 2 channels
- Signal Processing: PC interface: 24-bit, AD/DA Conversion: 24-bit, Internal: 40-bit
- Sampling Frequency AD/DA Conversion: 192 kHz, 96 kHz, 48 kHz, 44.1 kHz, DIGITAL (IN/OUT): 96 kHz, 48 kHz, 44.1 kHz
- Nominal Input Level: Input jacks 1-2 (XLR type): -60 to -6 dBu, Input jacks 1-2 (1/4-inch TRS phone type): -50 to +4 dBu
- Nominal Output Level: OUTPUT 1-2: +0 dBu (balanced)
- Headroom: 14 dB
- Input Impedance: Input jacks 1-2 (XLR type): 4.8 kOhm (balanced), Input jacks 1-2 (1/4-inch TRS phone type): 15 kOhm (balanced)
- Output Impedance OUTPUT 1-2: 2 kOhm (balanced), PHONES: 47 Ohm
- Frequency Response: 192.0 kHz: 20 Hz to 90 kHz (+0/-8 dB), 20 Hz to 60 kHz (+0/-2 dB), 96.0 kHz: 20 Hz to 40 kHz (+0/-2 dB), 48.0 kHz: 20 Hz to 22 kHz (+0/-2 dB), 44.1 kHz: 20 Hz to 20 kHz (+0/-2 dB)
- Residual Noise Level: INPUT 1-2 -> MAIN OUT: -95 dBu typ. (GAIN: min., 600 Ohm terminated, IHF-A) * Internal Direct Monitor Mixer setting, Input channel fader: Unity
- Dynamic Range: < AD block > INPUT 1-2: 104 dB typ. (GAIN: min.) < DA block > OUTPUT 1-2: 109 dB typ.
- Connectors: Input jacks 1-2 (XLR type / 1/4-inch TRS phone type) XLR type (balanced / phantom power: DC 48V, 6mA Max) * Current value per channel. 1/4-inch TRS phone type (balanced), Coaxial Input connector, Coaxial Output connector, Headphone jack (Stereo 1/4-inch phone type), Output jacks 1-2 (1/4-inch TRS phone type (balanced)), MIDI connectors (In, Out), USB connector
- Interface: Hi-Speed USB, Digital input/output: Coaxial type (Conforms to IEC60958 consumer format.), MIDI input/output
- Power Supply: USB Bus Power
- Current Draw: 480 mA
- Dimensions: 184.6 (W) x 133.9 (D) x 44.3 (H) mm / 7-5/16 (W) x 5-5/16 (D) x 1-3/4 (H) inches
- Weight: 0.57 kg / 1 lbs 4 oz
- Included Accessories: Owner's Manual, Cakewalk SONAR LE DVD-ROM (for Windows), Driver CD-ROM, USB cable
Dimensions and Weight in Packaging
Shipping Weight: 3 lbs
Shipping Dimensions: 10 x 8 x 4 in