Vienna Instruments Orchestral Strings 1 Extended Library
You must own Orchestral Strings 1 Standard library to purchase the extended library.
Click here for list of articulations
The largest ensemble recorded at the Silent Stage was the violin section. The 14 violinists are headed by Christian Eisenberger, who in his esteemed international concert work has collaborated with artists and conductors such as Claudio Abbado, Martha Argerich, Nikolaus Harnoncourt, Herbert von Karajan, Gidon Kremer, Kent Nagano, Roger Norrington, Murray Perahia, Andras Schiff, Georg Solti, and many others. The ensemble of 10 violas is headed by Anett Homoki who is a member of the Vienna Chamber Philharmony as well as of the Volksoper Vienna.
The Vienna Instruments: Orchestral Strings 1 offer an extremely wide range of articulations. The special qualities of Vienna Instruments: Orchestral Strings 1 are the result of a multitude of Performances. With larger ensembles, the random effect of articulations like Performance Trills or fast Legatos is especially pronounced, lending those Vienna Instruments: Orchestral Strings 1 Performance Patches remarkable authenticity in conjunction with the new Performance algorithms in the Vienna Instruments. The larger the ensemble, the more intense the random effect, that is, the natural “inexactitude” among the musicians when changing from one tone to the next. This effect gets extra attention with the “Repetition Performance Pizzicatos” – an innovation only available with the large string ensembles and recorded in two different tempos.
Many user requests for additional samples were also answered in Vienna Instruments: Orchestral Strings 1, for example, the short staccatos, the expressive Interval Legatos, espressivo con sordino, as well as extensions of the tonal ranges for sustains and staccatos.
Vienna Instruments Orchestral Strings 1 - Articulations - Full Library (Standard + Extended Libraries)
• Interval Performances: legato, portamento, staccato, tremolo
• Fast Interval Performances: legato, marcato, spiccato
• Performance Trills
• Interval Performances muted (con sordino): normal, portamento
• Violins: Interval Performance Glissandos on the same string
• Repetition Performances: legato, bow vibrato, portato, staccato, spiccato, harsh, upbeats, pizzicato
• Repetition Performances muted: sustains, legato, portato, staccato
• Runs: legato, spiccato; major, minor, chromatic, whole tone
• Short notes: short staccato, staccato, short détaché, long détaché, 4 variations each
• Long notes: sustains with and without vibrato, espressivo, flautando
• Dynamics: various crescendos & diminuendos, with and without vibrato, fp, sfz, sffz, pfp
• Tremolos: sustains, crescendo & diminuendo
• Trills: half tone, whole tone, minor, major 3rd, accelerando
• Pizzicatos and Bartók pizzicatos (loose and tight)
• Col legno
• Con sordino: staccato, détaché, sustained, crescendos & diminuendos, fortepiano, sforzato, tremolo, pizzicato, trills
• Sul ponticello: staccato, sustains, crescendos & diminuendos, sfz, tremolo
• Artificial harmonics: staccato, sustains
Download Size 13.5 GB
•PC Windows 7 (latest Service Pack, 32/64-bit), Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2
•Mac OS X 10.6 (latest update), Intel Core 2 Duo
•2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
•ViennaKey (Vienna Symphonic Library USB protection device) or other USB eLicenser (e.g., from Steinberg or Arturia)
•eLicenser Control Center software (get the latest version from www.eLicenser.net)
•34 GB free hard drive space
Other configurations may work but are not actively supported.
•PC Windows 7 (latest Service Pack, 64-bit), Intel i5/i7/Xeon
•Mac OS X 10.7 (latest update), i5/i7/Xeon
•Fast separate hard drive (7200 rpm or faster)
•AU/VST/RTAS compatible host (also works stand-alone)
•RTAS version requires Pro Tools 7.3 or higher
•88 key master keyboard