Zoom G2 Guitar Effects Pedal
Zoom G2 Overview:
Serious Processing Means That The Effects and Modeling In The Zoom G2 Sounds Warmer, Richer and More Like The Original Analog Sounds Than Ever Before. The ZOOM G2 Is The Only Pedal Out There With This Kind Of Power:
Zoom G2 - The Next Level:
Zoom G2: Taking multi-effects to the next level Conventional floor-type multi-effect processors are designed to sound good when they are plugged into a guitar amp. Modeling processors are designed for recording in line. Until now, there was no product that could handle both scenarios with equal finesse. Introducing the G Series from Zoom. Zoom G2 pedal offers two algorithms: One for live and one for recording. The sound you created at practice or in the studio can now be brought straight to the stage. Or take the sounds you worked out during a rehearsal and apply them seamlessly in the recording studio. Your creative scope has suddenly doubled.
Zoom G2 - 96 kHz Sampling Brings Out Authentic Sounding Tube Amp Harmonics:
Everyone knows that the sound of tube amplifiers is the ultimate in guitar tone. By employing high-accuracy sampling at 96 kHz, G2 pedal faithfully model these sonic properties, right up to the highest harmonic register. Dynamic range is also excellent, thanks to 24-bit A/D/A conversion. These extremely high levels of digital processing also make your playing sound cleaner and clearer thanks to the fast processing speeds
Zoom G2 - ZFX-3 A New-Generation DSP From ZOOM:
The heart of any multi-effect device is its processor and decoder section. Zoom has reached a new level with its newly developed ZFX-3 chip. 32-bit architecture ensures smooth and detailed signal processing. Accuracy and speed bring out the character of your instrument without restrictions.
Zoom G2 - 54 High Quality Effects made Possible By 32-bit Processing:
A total of nine effects modules are included, including dynamics, ambience, drive, and modulation. Together they offer 54 types of effects. The Harmonized Pitch Shifter lets you play along in key. Use long delays or multi-tap delay of up to 5000 milliseconds. Select dynamic flanger and have the effect level controlled by picking intensity. Select from three types of modulation waveforms for the tremolo. A multitude of high-performance choices opens up totally new territory in this class. Touch up the harmonic register with the six-band equalizer. The cabinet simulator gives a choice of mic positions. The G Series has in incredible level of flexibility and the ability to create an awesome array of great tones.
Zoom G2 - Latest Modeling Technology Supports 16 Different Drive Sounds
By digitally simulating the clipping action of analog devices such as tubes and diodes, the G Series faithfully duplicates the distortion of tube amps and vintage effects. This includes not only the superficial sound character but also elements such as depth and dynamics. As you start using the G Series, you will be amazed by the realistic balance between fundamental notes and harmonics that is essential to a great analog tone.
Zoom G2 - The Right Tools For The Job: Editing Controls With Analog Feel:
The three rotary knobs let you tailor three different parameters at the same time. This could be the equalizer bass/midrange/treble, or the chorus depth/rate/mixing level, or the delay time/feedback/mixing level. It's like having an array of stomp boxes ready for action. In play mode, the three knobs are assigned to drive effect gain, tone, and patch level. This lets you quickly match the unit's performance to the guitar or amp type, room acoustics, or other factors. Delay time and modulation rate settings can be made directly via the intuitive TAP key input.
Zoom G2 - Preset Patches:
The unit comes preprogrammed with a total of 40 preset effects patches. 20 pairs of similar sounding and similarly named effects are optimized respectively for use with a guitar amp on stage or for recording with DAW software or a mixer. There are settings for duplicating well-known amps and stomp boxes, settings that are modeled on the signature sound of famous guitarists, as well as totally original Zoom creations. There is also enough built-in memory to store up to 40 of your own effects patches.
Zoom G2 - World's Fastest Patch Change Speed: 5 ms:
Thanks to the speed of Zoom's new processors, that annoying interval when switching patches has been all but eliminated. With its amazing speed of 0.005 seconds, the G Series pedals never miss a beat. When changing from rhythm to lead, you no longer need to press the switch slightly in advance. Simply push the foot switch and start playing the solo phrase. No more fear of losing the rhythm when making patch changes.
Zoom G2 - Built-in Auto-Chromatic Tuner For Guitar
The guitar tuner can be called up instantly by pushing two foot switches together. High-brightness LED indicators make the note readout easy to see also on a dark stage. The calibration range is 435 to 445 Hz, and mute tuning without sound output is also possible.
Zoom G2 - ZNR Makes Those Playing Pauses Silent:
Zoom Noise Reduction (ZNR) was developed specifically for guitar. While keeping any alteration of the original sound to an absolute minimum, ZNR shuts out unwanted noise in the playing pauses. Even the tails of long sustain notes come out beautifully, with natural release. Additional flexibility is provided by two noise gates. The vintage type DIRTY GATE is a great match for fuzz sounds, while the high-speed muting of the GATE setting brings heavy riffs into clear focus.
Zoom G2 - Integrated Drum Machine:
Realistic drum sounds derived from PCM sources are arranged in a variety of rhythm patterns for different musical genres. The 40 rhythm variations include the steady 8-beat of Rock and Pop, funky 16-beat, a "Jazzy" 4-beat, some great shuffle riffs for blues sessions, and many more choices. Rhythm training is a cinch, and the rotary knobs let you quickly make tempo or level adjustments
Zoom G2 - Ultra Low Noise Design:
Specifications such as a signal-to-noise ratio of 120 dB and noise floor of -100 dB demonstrate a level of performance that is unsurpassed in this class. Background noise is a thing of the past, leaving the unit free to produce only its own superbly transparent sound. Especially when using reverb effects such as Hall, Room, or Spring, the low noise floor combined with 96 kHz sampling and 32-bit processing results in breathtaking performance.
Zoom G2 - Sturdy Metal Chassis:
The combination of a solid metal chassis with shock-absorbent rubber damping ensures that the unit can stand up to the rigors of use on stage. Take it on the road or into the studio, the G Series will not let you down.
Zoom G2 - Two-Way Power Allows Use Just About Anywhere:
Thanks to its circuit design optimized for low voltage operation, the unit will run for more than 7.5 hours on a set of four IEC R6 (size AA) batteries. A separately available AC adaptor (AC-0006) can be plugged in for extended studio work, whereas on stage you never need to worry about AC power. AD-0006 AC adaptor
Zoom G2 - Optional Foot Switch Allows Versatile Remote Operation:
With an optional foot switch (FS01) you can set tempos for delay time and modulation rate. Other selectable functions include bank switching, drum machine start/stop, and delay hold on/off switching. Foot Switch FS01 Unlatch and normally close type
Zoom G2 - Expression PedaL:
The optional expression pedal (FP02) is a great way to control effect parameters in real time. Control the vintage wah, pitch shift, or adjust the volume dynamics. Go beyond conventional pedal effects by varying drive gain or modulation rate, and adjusting the mixing ratio of delay and reverb. Expression Pedal FP02 To control effect parameters.
Zoom G2 KEY FEATURES:
- Dual modeling target for both Tube Pre-amp and Vintage Stomp-box
- ZFX-3 newly developed original DSP chip: 32 bit processing
- Nothing lost: 96 kHz sampling and 24bit A/D/A conversion
- External pedal/foot switch input: Wah, Volume, Pitch shift, Start/Stop, Tap tempo, Delay hold etc.
- Display: 2 Digit 7 Segment LED Display, Parameter LED
Zoom G2 DESIGN FEATURES:
- Ultra wide frequency response: 20Hz - 40 kHz (Flat response)
- 6 Band EQ: Bass, Mid-low, Middle, Treble, Presence, Harmonics
- Longest-in-class delay time: 5 seconds with Hold-delay function
- Clean signal output: SNR 120 dB, Noise floor -100dB
- World fastest patch change: Less than 5msec mute-time: Combined Line/Headphone output
Zoom G2 PERFORMANCE FEATURES:
- Effect modules: 9 simultaneous use (Excludes ZNR):
- Effect types:54 (Harmonized pitch sifter included): ZNR - Natural and smooth noise reduction for high-gain sound: High: quality (32 bit processing) reverb: Transparent and natural/smooth tail end
- Patch memory: User 40 + Factory 40, Total 80 patches
- Built-in PCM Drum machine: 40 patterns with tempo and mix control
- Dedicated Tap key for rhythm tempo and delay time: World fastest patch change: Less than 5msec mute-time: Latency free signal processing: Picking nuance remains
Zoom G2 POWER REQUIREMENTS:
- Battery operation: Over 7 hours for continuous use with (4 X AA Batteries)
Zoom G2 EDIT FEATURES:
- Play or Edit back-and-force: Simple and easy user interface as 500 series
- Simultaneous parameter edit: 3 assignable analog knobs
Zoom G2 CONSTRUCTION:
- Sturdy metal chassis and Rubbery side-guard shell
Zoom G2 CLASSIC AMP & STOMP BOX MODEL EXAMPLES:
- Fender Twin Reverb' 65: This is the tube combo amp often called the "Black Panel". Its clean sound is characterized by flamboyant highs.
- Marshall JCM800: A tube stack amp favored by many hard rock guitarists. Great treble plus a solid low end guarantee powerful sound.
- ROLAND Jazz Chorus: Famous combo amp made in Japan. The uncolored clean sound shows what's possible with solid state designs, with the spacious built-in chorus being another highlight.
- MESA/BOOGIE Mark III: Combo amp noted for its extended midrange and long sustain. A mainstay of fusion guitarists, from Santana to Larry Carlton.
- VOX AC30 / 6TB: This Class A tube combo amp is representative of the 1960s Liverpool sound created by such bands as The Beatles and The Shadows. Its major appeal is unclouded straightforward sound.